My long awaited Spring Break is here...and with it comes: RAIN! I had so hoped for a long stretch of sunshine! My poor transplants are begging to get out in the garden...it's too wet and too cool for them or is it? I'm wondering if I'm just being lazy. It's been a looooong couple of months. I go off to work, rush home to check on the husband, put together a heart-healthy dinner (boy that's getting OLD) and then a quick check on the chickens and garden. There just doesn't seem to be the time to really ENJOY what I'm doing. I thought it was just a question of time management and my inability to be a good manager. I'm wrong...the truth is I'm not 20/30/40 or even 50...I'm 58 with a huge family and a sick husband and I have run out of steam. I am now looking forward to my summer break in five and a half weeks (5 1/2). I will of course get the seedlings out before then, I'll have the chicken coop cleaned out, and more flowers planted. But my summer break will be a time for reflection and I will take the time to figure out how I really want to live my life in the moment...I want to have Great Joy again.
.jpg)
6 comments:
and to top it all off you have an important day job now
cheering you on for your summer break .. hubby's recovery .. clean chicken coop .. seedlings to get transplanted .. all in God's timing
I suprised you're counting it out in weeks and not DAYS. Oh to have a summer off! That hasn't happened to me since I was 17. Crikey!
I hear you on the go-go-go thing. No time for yourself! I crashed and burned for a few days last weekend. Just couldn't keep up. And the gvtmnt wants you to work till your 70? Ha! I'm already wishing for a part-time life. Enjoy your week off! I'm taking a vakay in 3 weeks myself. Can't wait!
Oh I know how you feel. We at the Boys and Girls Club get one week off a year. The week of 4th of July (I really don't know why this is) and we look forward to it all year. We get quite burnt out. We used to get a lot more days off but because they weren't paid, people kept applying for unemployment for those days and that caused our admin office more work so they just decided to stay open most days. Not exactly staff oriented where I work :(
I hate to tell you that "you just do too much"! We aren't spring chickens any more! Maybe a reassessment of your life is in order. There is nothing worse then not being able to enjoy your life. Life is too short and you need to do what is right for you! I know....it's the pot calling the kettle here!
I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are holding out. Sick hubbies are no fun. Definitely a time for reflection soon, thinking about life, and lots of events in your life. I hear you. Not easy.
I'm off this week too, and was looking forward to being out in the garden. Hasn't happened. Instead I'm sewing, cleaning, and of course the medical stuff hubby needs. Last week was a new port and this week was the beginning of a new treatment. Hope it works.
Keep your chin up. Try to rest as much as possible. Be good to yourself.
~~Lori
What was the heart-healthy dinner??
Post a Comment