 |
| Off My Back Deck At The Cabin |
I need a vacation from my Reynolds Family Vacation...so I'm off to my Butte Meadows cabin for five wonderful days! I've been rushing around trying to get everything organized. I don't know why I bother: One step forward, two steps back! I wanted to plant a few transplant trays for this year's Fall/Winter garden...I pulled the seeds out and soaked the plugs, just haven't planted yet; but they will get planted before I leave. I'm lucky to have saved these awesome transplant trays from the fields after the commercial tomatoes were planted in March. These 5 trays have enough cells for a huge garden and are so easy to plant and transplant. When I get back from the cabin, hopefully all the little seeds will have germinated.
 |
| Commercial Transplant Trays |
 |
| The Winter Garden |
I found a super good deal for a used shed on Craigslist and had it delivered on Sunday...perfect for the new laying hens...I now have 2 coops...one that will hold 20 birds and the new one will hold up to 50...not that I want 70 laying hens at this point in time...but maybe in the future...the shed was too good of a deal to pass up. $400 delivered!
 |
| Old Coop |
 |
| New Coop (Shed) |
When I get back from the Cabin I'll start working on the new shed. I'll add multi-level roosts and a dozen nest boxes...even though they'll all want to set the same nest...usually 3 at a time...silly girls. The electric fencing still isn't up and I guess that's a good thing...would have had a problem getting the shed in the chicken yard if I had actually had them up. The turkeys will be allowed to run loose until it's time for the freezer...another 3 weeks, I think.
3 comments:
A vacation because of a vacation? You crack me up! Hope you get some good relaxation in.
Sue: Any excuse to get up to the cabin!!!
Wow, that was a bargain on the shed! Good buy!
Post a Comment