We had another tornado today a 3:00 p.m. The cell moved over the ranch dropping hail the size of walnuts before touching down about 4 miles north of us in our little town. It took damaged 6 homes in one of the two subdivisions I sold back in 2006. The River has breached the banks and has flooded the restaurant at the Landing...my Commercial Kitchen is dry...it sits about 4 feet above the water. Tomorrow they say will hold more severe rains, winds over 70 miles an hour and possibly more tornadoes...we're sure we'll lose more trees. : ( I hope everyone will be safe and my poor animals don't become too frightened. I had some branches fall in the garden and there's lots of standing water...I'm worn out.
Some of the forces of nature a very scary! Here we deal with earthquakes. As a child in Ohio I remember the tornado warnings and running to the basement. Thoughts of safety to you and your family.
We had our weekly family dinner night last night and of course weather was the main topic. Who would have thought we would ever worry about tornadoes...we prepare for floods and earthquakes! Thank you for your concern and prayers. We have been promised warm clear weather for next week...thank goodness!
I didn't know tornadoes came your way. It's pretty common here in Texas. They start in April and last till the end of May, more or less. That's how I got my new roof year before last. Stay safe.
I hope the weather gets better, we have rain for already three weeks but no tornado, the pics are so impressive. My prayer are with you and your family! :)
Oh no! I've been so busy transplanting strawberries that I've done very little blog visiting! How horrible for you. Please do be careful and take care.
P.S I came to look at some of those kitchen photos you mentioned, but the search feature on your blog says it's been limited. :(
12 comments:
Oh my Lynda, please take shelter and let us know how you make out. My prayers will be with you.
There was a tornado that touched down a few miles from here on Monday night -- I guess I'm so used to it, doesn't phase me much.
Sorry you are getting this dangerous weather.
Gosh, that is terrible weather! Please be careful. I'm saying some prayers for you.
Mercy me, stay safe! Hope it settles down there!
Oh mercy,that is horrible weather. Stay safe and take care!
My you are getting something out there. Get all your food storage up off the ground. Good luck!
Some of the forces of nature a very scary! Here we deal with earthquakes. As a child in Ohio I remember the tornado warnings and running to the basement. Thoughts of safety to you and your family.
We had our weekly family dinner night last night and of course weather was the main topic. Who would have thought we would ever worry about tornadoes...we prepare for floods and earthquakes! Thank you for your concern and prayers. We have been promised warm clear weather for next week...thank
goodness!
I didn't know tornadoes came your way.
It's pretty common here in Texas.
They start in April and last till the end of May, more or less.
That's how I got my new roof year before last.
Stay safe.
Oh, Lynda...you have really been hammered this spring. My heart goes out to you.
I hope the weather gets better, we have rain for already three weeks but no tornado, the pics are so impressive. My prayer are with you and your family! :)
Oh no! I've been so busy transplanting strawberries that I've done very little blog visiting! How horrible for you. Please do be careful and take care.
P.S I came to look at some of those kitchen photos you mentioned, but the search feature on your blog says it's been limited. :(
Post a Comment