Saturday, February 5, 2011

Confessions


The pretzels, Spam, salami, Campbell's Tomato, Chicken Noodle Soup, American, Tillamook, Napa Valley Cheese and iceberg lettuce are Bill's must haves...he picks these up in bulk at Sam's or Costco...the rice mixes were in his Mom's cupboards when she passed away (you'd never guess we were rice growers) as was the Campbell's Mushroom Soup and the couple Progresso's (I can't throw away food)...and the Ritz: KEEP YOUR PAWS OFF! those are mine. If anyone has a good buttery recipe for Ritz crackers pass it my way: but it must taste exactly like RITZ!

I can't grow iceberg lettuce worth beans and my husband won't eat my *yuppie* salad greens.  I wouldn't make Spam even if I knew how and he thinks Spam sandwiches once a week are mandatory.  I make and can chicken noodle soup and tomato soup...Bill likes them both, but insists on Campbell's when he's under the weather: it's what his mom fixed for him.  He won't eat a grilled cheese sandwich unless it's made with processed American cheese and Tillamook Sharp Cheddar is his favorite after work snack cheese.  The salami?  All I know is he keeps telling me it's a *good deal* two jumbo packs stuck together. So there ya' go...as much as I brag about the *Little House on the Prairie* lifestyle....we all have our secrets!

7 comments:

Tami said...

My thing is popcorn. I LOVE popcorn and there's just something about microwave popcorn. I even have regular corn I can pop. I just like the fact that 2 min and 40 seconds later..bingo! I've got popcorn! No fuss, no muss.

Mrs. Mac said...

We all have our little food crutches. Mine is red and black licorice bits (eaten alternatively;) .. but I rarely buy them as they're loaded with corn syrup and red food coloring #? BTW ... I got 'cyber hives' just looking at your hubby's secret food stash ;)

Anonymous said...

No problem with your stash here -- my husband seems to buy everything in multiples (when on sale) so it's just a way of life here.

PS - my husband loves cheese too. Tillamook is one of his favorites!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California :-)

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron

Leigh said...

How funny. And how brave to come clean! (Ours are coffee, chocolate, and potato chips!). Funny about the lettuce too, because my DH is the exact same way and I could never grow iceberg either. I finally discovered Romaine, which seems to be a happy compromise. I get the leafy dark green top part, and he gets the paler, crunchy bottom part, and we're both happy.

Wren said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hi over at the burbs! Loved your comment!
No luck with lettuce here last year either.. Maybe next year?

Kim said...

SPAM! I grew up watching my dad eat tons of that stuff. He told me they use to serve it in the Air Force and he just loved it! I couldn't even take looking at the stuff :)