We have had the
BEST weather the last 5 days....in the high 60's to low 70's! I'm in shorts and flip flops...and loving it! My bees have hatched a bunch of brood and they practicing their flights (love watching that)...the hens are practically dancing...egg production is up and the garden has become fluffy...green fluffy with flowers blooming! I've got compost tea brewing...another worm bin finished and Bill and I picked a nice site for the new fruit orchard. My son bought me some very nice fruit trees at the Colusa County Farm Show and I had a Honey Crisp Apple and a Santa Rosa plum I purchased around Christmas time.
 |
| Egg Count Is Up |
 |
| Garden is Fluffing Up |
 |
| 10 Gallons of Yummy Compost Tea |
 |
| Sam's Trees For The New Orchard |
I spent a bit of time zesting and drying citrus peel for Vicki over at
Denimflyzhomestead@blogspot.com.
It only took a bit of time...then into the Excalibur and about 4 hours later finished. The house smelled fandabulous! I must say I need to inventory the walk-in pantry/food storage room (I keep the Excalibur there)...things are getting a bit muddled up in there. The weatherman says rain over the weekend...I'll do it then.
 |
| Meyer Lemon, Mexican Key Lime, Navel Oranges and Grapefruit |
 |
| Drying In the Excalibur...Yes that's a Small Commercial Grain Mill on Top |
I've been taking my transplant tray outside in this nice weather to get them used to being out there. I want to get them in the ground ASAP. I haven't planted the second tray as planned...I am bit worried about running out of space! I have another 150 strawberry crowns coming and I still haven't planted the new asparagus crowns. How can someone with all this acreage run out of garden space? Poor planning!!
 |
| My Chard Looks Unhappy |
 |
| Irrigation Experiment: Failure...working on this |
 |
| Fixed And I'm Ride'n |
Now I'm heading back out to the Garden...I'm joined Daphne's Dandelions Harvest Monday Group. You're to weigh your harvest, blog about it and link to Daphne's blog. I joined today...so I'm thinking you report last weeks harvest and of course I didn't weigh anything...just cooked it up and ate it. Why not join me!
5 comments:
Wow your garden is really looking nice! All that nice weather no doubt! I am green too but not from nice weather LOL, I am green with envy over your nice weather LOL...
Now what do you do with the citrus peel once its dried? I sure like my Exaclibur dehydrator! Its been a dandy..
Love your bicycle!
How exciting about your bees!!! I so want to get some bees!
Picking the perfect spot for the fruit orchard is kinda hard lol we just did that too to plant our trees!
I planted a lot more seeds yesterday for what I hope will be many seedlings..
I totally understand running out of room in the garden! LOL We only have 27 acres but the problem is we have to plant within a certain distance of our water source and not in total shade so that really cuts down on where we can plant.
Well, I'd love to join you! Can you wait about four months, maybe six? That's when I'll be harvesting something. Not sure what yet.
It will soon be time to plant some seeds though. That's always fun.
I am really interested in your Excaliber. Can you post about it!!
You're already harvesting Meyers lemons? Wow, mine are still just little tiny green guys.
Do inventory! It's so much fun to see it all on a list! Of course, one has to keep track of the list to keep track of what's going on. ;)
I"d love to hear about your Excaliber as well! I have been playing with the idea of getting one but I guess I need ideas for what I could use it for. I can't wait until I can start harvesting stuff but it's going to be a while. :)
Post a Comment