Monday, February 28, 2011
So Much Going On!
I have received a blogging award (I don't know much about these) from Granny Miller and I need to do two (2) things:
Divulge 7 things about myself (oooh...scary):
Play the award forward to 15 other bloggers (do I follow that many?):
All About Me:
1. I'm going to be a great-grandmother the end of March! I had my oldest daughter when I was 16, she had my granddaughter when she was 19 and my granddaughter is 21. I'll be 57 when the baby is born.
2. I have over 350 college units and have never graduated from a college. I started taking college courses when I was 15 and the last course was last year I needed a couple continuing education units for my real estate licence. I have not gone more than a year not taking at least one college level course. I changed my major 3 times: Agriculture, Horticulture, Anthropology. I have attended: Chico State University, UC Berkley, UC Davis and two JC's: Butte and Yuba. I have completed certificate/licencing programs in Land Use Planning, California Real Estate, Waste Water Management Title I and Emergency Medical Technician...but no degree...I have NEVER passed the required Algebra course: and I've taken Algebra six (6) times! My sister is an advanced Science and Mathematics teacher! Other than the Algebra course, I have never had a grade below a B+. My algebra instructor at Chico State was willing to waive my failing algebra grade in order for me to graduate...it was vetoed by the Dean...that was about 15 years ago...since then I have been offered another waiver by the school...who knows, maybe I'll take them up on it.
3. My very first job was as the proof-reader (before spell-check) for the local newspaper: I was thirteen (13)...my mom was hired to do it and I tagged along and ended up doing that and helping with *paste-up*. The newspaper owner was a very good friend of Charles Schultz...he did a Peanuts cartoon for my mom that she still has.
4. I go on at least one archaeological dig a year...I wanted to be an archaeologist since I was seven (7). I love *digging* old gold mining towns in California...they are my specialty. I belong to a volunteer group through the United States Forest Service called: Passport In Time. I dig with the group and have done some work on my own...and I always bring along my dredge and gold mining equipment...sometimes it causes quite a stir.
5. I throw myself a week long birthday party every year...I've been doing it for 35 years...I usually rent a house on the ocean, a b&b at a spa in the wine country or we go to my cabin and invite the *girls* I went to high school with. The first year I met my husband he forgot my birthday and I was so disappointed I thought that's never going to happen again...so I started giving myself the party of my dreams...it's something we really look forward to. This year we can't get to the cabin because of the snow and because of work furloughs and job losses (no $$$) we're going to be having the party at my mother-in-law's (it's across the field from my place). It's a lovely home that's been empty since her death...beautiful quiet yard, pool, bike path...six bedrooms and 4 baths...perfect!
6. I still have every car I've ever owned: 1961 Ford Fairlane, 1958 180D Mercedes Benz, 1961 Jaguar MK II, 1971 Ford Pinto, 1973 Mercury Bobcat, 1974 240D Mercedes Benz, 1985 GMC Suburban, 1990 560 SEL Mercedes Benz, 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE Kalahari and 2011 Toyota Tundra. Five at my brother's (used to be the family home) and the rest here at my ranch. I love all of my cars...I have a personal relationship with each and every one...they're like old friends...can't get rid of them I love them too much.
7. Even though I have five (5) kids and ten (10) grand kids...I really don't care for children! I like mine (they were great little guys) and think my grand kids are super...I don't like anyone else's. People automatically assume when you have a passel of kids you like all kids..but I don't. I thought as I aged I'd mellow out, but I haven't...when the grand kids bring over friends my husband is in charge (he likes ALL kids)...I just do the cooking, he does the rest...thank God I have a big house and lots of acreage...GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!
Now for my blogs:
There are a number of favorites that aren't on this list because they have been given this award earlier and I just didn't want to overload them...also I could have easily added another 10 that I read and really enjoy...I'll save those for another time.
500 Dollar Tomato
A posse ad esse
Annie's Kitchen Garden
Burbs and Bees
Barb's Blurbs
Chickens on the Porch
Denimflyz Homestead
how is it in cali
Kim's Square Foot Gardening Blog
A Tiny Homestead
Urania's Inspiration
Thirtyfivebyninety
The Thrifty Garden/Home
Texan
Suburban Sharecroppers
If you find lots of spelling errors, sorry...my glasses are broken and I'm half blind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
We are twins....even though I have five (5) kids, I don't care much for other people's children, either!
Thanks for the award, I will display it proudly.
You so should take the waiver on the class.. girly you earned it!
I am not a kid person as far as other peoples. I do meet people with kids once in a while that I am really impressed with their kid/kids. Doesn't' happen often LOL and doesn't mean I want to baby sit or take care of their kids lol...As a matter a fact I don't babysit, never have its just not my thing. We have a 22 nieces and nephews and 5 with more on the way grand nieces and nephews. I also totally don't do diaper duty LOL... We never were able to have kids or our own. I did want my own. I told DH I want six boys when we got married! I would have enjoyed my own kids but I still would not have been a total everyone kids person LOL... so I get it...
I will check out the blog you mentioned as well...Thanks for the award. :O)
Well, for all their trouble, these things really are kinda fun. I'd never have thought to celebrate a birthday all week long! (Good thinking)
LOL You're so funny! Congrats on being an almost great grandma!! I think that it's awesome you're so young and can enjoy it (and remember who everyone is!). I love kids. Well, I like well behaved kids lol I was a real stickler with disciplining my boys so I really don't have patience for anyones misbehaving children and it often makes me want to hit their parents :)
My high school math teacher lied. She was always saying "One day you'll need this!". Well at 45 I still have no use for algebra. If I want to know what the 'x' is, I'll google it :)
Thank you very much for the award!!
Wow! you have such an interesting life, archaeology?, very young grandma, with all those units I would give you a doctor degree ;), It's awesome you party for a week to celebrate your birthday I think I will do that one day too.
Thank you so much for the award I will honor it asap! :)
My family would not appreciate me *bragging* about the units and no degree: everyone here is a grad from some university: 2 from Stanford, 4 from Cal Poly, Georgetown, St. Mary's , Nortre Dame, Davis, Santa Barbara, Layola, Whittier, Chico...I could fill a whole book...I just take the classes...and love every minute of it. No pressure, just enjoyment and I can hold my own in just about any conversation! ;)
speaking of kiddos .. I don't have time to sit and read the GREAT post about YOU .. really :) .. I'll be back a after mine is tucked in bed tonight and hubby is at work .. thank you for the award .. (I'll write a bit on my 'award' wall and maybe post a picture ;) ;) ... another comment later ..
Well thank you very much Lynda. And what do you know, I had my eldest at 17 and she had hers at 19. My grandaughter is 21. We are about the same age.
My, you have acomplished alot, take the waiver!!!
SO with you on that math thing. Now off to think of things to post... THanks for passing the award now I've got to do the same. LOL.;-)
Post a Comment