Friday, February 4, 2011

It Doesn't Take a Rocket Scientist/Physicist!

The Food Safety blogger world is just a buzz with the government approval of Monsanto creating GM alfalfa.  Before the approval the bets were the present administration would never allow it...GM alfalfa is a bad idea...it eliminates my freedom of choice about the foods I put in my body.  I was talking to my friend about it and she said I did have a choice: don't buy GM alfalfa.  Well, I don't and I won't, but I know my bees love alfalfa and I'm right in the middle of an alfalfa growing neighborhood...so my ladies, in doing what they are suppose to do, will contaminate my food supply...and your food supply and there ain't a thing you can do about it...no petition to Obama...no piss'n and moan'n on Facebook or your blog...won't happen:
Because our government is afraid of this:

This is what a Food Riot looks like: it's happening right now in Egypt...they are rioting because of the increase in food prices...the increase is due to shortages...the fear of all Nations...ours too...

All of the red areas are where there has been rioting due to food price increases and/or food shortages.

    READ IT AND WEEP:

http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/Pages/Feed-the-Future-Initiative.aspx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so scary,And being helpless to stop it just makes things worse,we need to pray harder! Blessings jane

Leigh said...

Yes, this alfalfa business was infuriating news indeed. It seems our government is turning a deaf ear to all but the agrabiz profit moguls. I hadn't thought about bees, but what you say is so true. And so disheartening.

Lynda said...

The BIG picture is the inability to feed the masses...we as a country feel it is our duty to do so...companies/labratories are more than willing to do *whatever* it takes to encourage our government to do it their way. I don't know the answer. My world is small: I don't want to eat rice that has human DNA...I really don't care if it stops diarrhea...BUT I do not live in a Country where 90 percent of childhood deaths are caused by diarrhea...if it were my child would I think differently? I won't ever know the answer. I only know I want to be able to choose what I want to eat and what I want to feed my family and I live in a Country that is slowly taking that away from me.

Steve said...

Seems to me I should have a choice what goes into my body regardless of where it come from.

If the USDA is more concerned about feeding people, then they should contact the bureaucracy in charge of obesity. One affects the other.

Steve in Central CA

denimflyz said...

I have been following Obama's road to obesity and I predicted that what we have going on 2 yrs ago, with control from USDA and control of food in the schools. And where I am at in Nebraska, the food safety bill, from what I am being told will shut our state down with so many rules and regulations, and federal fees and taxes that it prevents you from controlling what you eat. I have been trying to find out more but even our state's politians do not know what is in the food safety bill. One of my offices I called, the guy hung up on me...what does that tell you.
The USDA, the FDA, and the Health care bill are all tied together.

Tami said...

Great post and comments too. Ignorance is truly bliss.

CountryDreaming said...

The problem behind the food shortage is greed. GM alfalfa isn't the answer. I'm with Jane who says more prayers are in order.

Kim said...

As you know from my blog I've been learning all too much about the corruption in our government and how they are in 'bed' (garden bed?) with Monsanto. They don't even have to mark GMO goods as such. They don't have to tell you your salmon is genetically modified, or your corn and I'm sure they won't be asking dairy farmers what type of alfafa they are using for feed... It's all about the Mighty Buck.