I needed to re-pot my tomatoes, broccoli, chard and cauliflower into bigger pots...I've been taking the transplant tray outside for most of the day it's been so nice, and then bringing them inside in the evening. Everything has grown big and strong and they were ready for an *upgrade*.
Then I plotted out a couple places to put some experimental wicking beds (I'll do a post on that when I build them). And I planted a few six packs of herbs and lettuce. Where I took the re-potted plants from the 124 cell tray I planted two different types of pepper seed...I have some empty cells I'll save for some warm weather transplants. Over at The Home Garden Dave is hosting Seed Sowing Saturday; an opportunity to share gardening tasks done during the week.





6 comments:
Your seedlings look so good. I never seem to get my early indoor starts to do so well. I think I destroyed my cabbage seedlings by leaving them out all night when the temp dipped too low!
I just repotted some of my tomato seedlings too. I am not taking mine outside yet LOL.. they are all still on a electric blanket with a auto shut off space heater keeping the room at 70 degrees... that would be the back bedroom LOL,, Its just been to cold to use the green house, ya the heater would keep it warm but I am lazy and I decided the back bedroom was so much easier for me for now! :O)...Besides I would still need to start them on the electric blanket inside...what we don't do for our little seeldings :O)...
I am going to plant some herbs soon as well,
Girly I lost all those cabbages in my garden, the last round of minus zero wind chills did them in, sighhhh... the heads are all soft now.. sighhh.. but the brussels sprouts survived this wicked winter.. I am so hoping we have seen the worst of it and are on the upswing now!
They do look great! I'll be starting some tomatoes this week probably. Can't do it too early or I'll have monster plants with no where to go! thanks for joining in Seed Sowing Saturday!
Leigh: I'm hoping I can get one or two cabbages to be ready for St. Paddy's Day...don't think I'll be that lucky. Last year my crop bolted! The only good thing was I got some seed to save!
Texan: I use heating pads! I rotate my trays so everyone gets a bit of heat through-out the day/evening. I have a tile jutty-out shelf thingy that we had to do to cover up an un-sightly when we did the kitchen remodel and it's a perfect place for my seed starting trays...windows on two sides and I have grow lights mounted. Looks weird when I have guests...but they get over it pretty fast when I give them a fresh broccoli, tomato or whatever. This year I've doubled up on my transplants...I want to be able to give some away to my gardening friends...wish you lived closer, I planted more cabbage seed this week.
Dave: Thanks...my tomato plants usually look pretty good, just can't get a good crop of tomatoes! Thanks for having the Seed Sowing Saturday...it'll keep me planting...I garden year round...something comes out of the garden, I put something right back in.
They look great, Lynda. I haven't started any yet, it's still too early here. First of March should be okay.
I love your blog! I will learn lots from your gardening in Northern Cali. I am doing the same with my seedlings taking them outside for the day andputting them inside at night :)
Post a Comment